Caritas Australia - Typhoon Haiyan Appeal
Help our brothers and sisters in th Philippines
Super Typhoon Haiyan, one of the strongest storms to ever make landfall, has caused widespread devastation in the Philippines. Almost 10 million people have been affected across 8,000 villages, 447 towns, and 48 cities in nine regions across the country.
Pope Francis has called for “concrete help” for the victims in the mostly Catholic country, saying the damage was enormous.
Caritas Australia, the Catholic Church’s international aid and development agency, has committed an initial $1 million to help in emergency relief efforts in the Philippines.
Teams from the Caritas network arrived at the port in Ormoc, Leyte on Sunday and travelled to Palo, near Tacloban city. What the people are most in need of at the moment are the basic necessities. Emergency supplies, including shelter, water, sanitation and health kits are now arriving in Cebu city through the Caritas network.
You can see all relevant information, which is constantly updated, at
Caritas Australia has launched an appeal and donations to help the people in the Philippines can be made by the following methods:
Website : http://www.caritas.org.au/typhoon-haiyan
Phone: 8210 8172 or 1800 024 413
For Appeal envelopes, phone: 8210 8172
By Post: GPO Box 9830, Adelaide 5001
How to make a donation to Caritas Australia
- Cheques or money orders can made out to Caritas Australia and posted to GPO Box 9830, Adelaide SA 5001
- Credit card donations may be made by
- filling in relevant donation slips and post to GPO Box 9830, Adelaide SA 5001
- telephoning Caritas Australia’s Adelaide Office on (08) 8210 8172
- telephoning Sydney’s toll free number on 1800 024 413
- Cash donations can be made at
- Caritas Australia Adelaide Office (Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm)
Catholic Diocesan Centre, 39 Wakefield St, Adelaide
- Catholic Development Fund Office (Monday – Friday 10am – 2pm)
Ground Floor, Catholic Diocesan Centre, 39 Wakefield St, Adelaide
- Online donations can be made by visiting the Caritas Australia website