Online Mass and prayer services for you
Following the temporary suspension of Mass services and other major liturgical events in SA to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, below is a list of recommended online prayer and Mass resources.
LIVE STREAMING OF MASS FROM ST FRANCIS XAVIER'S CATHEDRAL
The Archdiocese will be proving live streamed Mass on Sundays from St Francis Xavier’s Cathedral at 10am. This can be accessed via our website, Facebook page or YouTube channel. The Mass can also be watched on demand.
As of Monday April 6, daily Mass will also be live streamed from the Cathedral.
EASTER MASS SERVICES
The following Easter services will be broadcast on free to air TV via community station Channel 44.
- Holy Thursday - Mass of the Lord’s Supper, 6.30pm - 7.30pm
- Good Friday - Passion of the Lord, 3pm - 4pm
- Holy Saturday - Easter Vigil in the Holy Night, 6pm - 7pm
- Easter Sunday, 9am - 10am
In addition, the Passionist Community at The Monastery, Glen Osmond, has pre-recorded the 2020 Stations of the Cross. This can be viewed on YouTube at https://youtu.be/l26jKw-KHwM
Other Mass Resources
- Sunday Mass is screened on Channel 10 at 6am every Sunday morning.
- Ch7 will broadcast Easter services from St Mary's Cathedral, Sydney – Good Friday Lord's Passion 3pm; Easter Sunday 10.30am.
- Pray as you go App (Google Play or App Store) or Website or Podcast
- Sacred Space website
- Corona of Thorns - Podcast (via Spotify and Apple Podcast)
by Fr Peter Zwaans (Brooklyn Park/Richmond Parish)
Other Suggestions for Prayer
- Lighting a candle in the window and praying the Rosary with others around the world, each evening at 9pm.
- Join with Christians of all denominations by praying the Lord’s Prayer each Friday at 8.00am. See Fr Philip Marshall's letter for more information.
- Downloading the Laudate App (Google Play or App Store) which has access to many prayers and devotions (inc. Liturgy of the Hours and the Stations of the Cross).
- COYYA is developing resources and links to existing resources for youth ministry in the midst of the COVID-19 crisis.
Cathedral Music hymn sheet
Palm Sunday April 5
Communities to pause for prayer
In the wake of churches closing due to the Coronavirus pandemic, members of different Christian communities in Adelaide are being encouraged to pray together at the same time each Friday morning.
National resources for Sunday Mass
Links to other online prayer and worship resources
- Daily Mass can also be viewed at 9.30am and 9.30pm on the Shalomworld Australian channel. Alternative times on the North American channel are 12.30pm and Europe channel at 7.30pm. They can be watched live on a SmartTV or smart phone by: downloading the Shalomworld app, or online on a laptop or PC at www.shalomworld.org/dailymass
- Daily Mass on Demand -- CathNews YouTube Channel
Daily Mass -- Archdiocese of Melbourne
- Live webcast of Sunday Mass -- St Stephen's Cathedral, Brisbane
Readings of the day -- Universalis.Com
- Sign up to receive daily Gospel reflections -- Archdiocese of Canberra and Goulburn
Pray.Com.Au -- Madonna Magazine/Australian Jesuits
- Papal Masses – www.news.va
Faith video programs –Shalomworld