Outstanding service by individuals
Nominations for 2016 have closed
Nominations for 2017 will open in August/September 2017. Information will be publicised through parishes and The Southern Cross newspaper.
Archbishop Philip Wilson wishes to recognise with an award, current or recent, outstanding service by an individual in each of three categories:
- For outstanding service to the archdiocese
The recipient of the 2016 Archbishop’s Award for service to the archdiocese will:
– be involved in an organisation serving the community within the archdiocese;
– have given exceptional service in his or her specific area of involvement;
– have made a significant difference to the lives of others through his or her role;
– have set an example which would inspire others to follow.
- For outstanding service in parish life within the archdiocese
The recipient of the 2016 Archbishop’s award for outstanding service to parish life within the archdiocese will:
– have provided faithful service to the liturgical life of the parish community;
– have made an outstanding contribution to parish life;
– have set a personal example of a faith-centred vocation.
- Award to young people for outstanding contribution to the life and mission of the Church
The recipient of the 2016 Archbishop’s Award for outstanding contribution to the life and mission of the Church will have shown:
– a commitment to the teachings of the Catholic Church and Catholic social teaching;
– a commitment to the principles of sensitivity and social justice;
– exemplify a personal example of faith-centred mission;
– leadership among young people of the archdiocese.
He welcomes and encourages your nominations of suitable candidates to assist his selections. To assist the awards process, the nominee must also confirm that he/she is prepared to accept nomination.
The Archbishop welcomes and encourages nomination of suitable candidates by individuals or groups to assist his final selections.
Pre-selection panels including specialists for each area will consider these nominations and advise the Archbishop who will make the final selection.
Each award recipient will be notified of their nomination and invited to the Archbishop’s Awards Garden Party on Saturday December 10.
Award recipients will be presented to the Catholic community at the 11am Mass in St Francis Xavier’s Cathedral on Sunday December 11.
Criteria for each category is detailed on the nomination form.
Nominations close: Monday October 31, 2016.
Post nomination to: Archbishop’s Awards, GPO Box 1468, Adelaide SA 5001
Enquiries: Timothy Davey, Archdiocesan Events, P: 8210 8220 or send an email
Download nomination forms below. Nomination forms will also be available from Catholic parishes and schools.