- Established in 2004 and comprises of appointed and ex officio members.
- Appointed members are community representatives chosen by the Archbishop for their expertise in areas such as child psychiatry, law, social work, policy and advocacy.
- Promotes and oversees the safety and wellbeing of children and young people within the Catholic Church community, in partnership with their families.
- Works with Catholic Church bodies in the Archdiocese of Adelaide and the Diocese of Port Pirie to encourage and promote leadership in the field of child protection.
- Develops child protection policy, procedures and practice initiatives.
- Provides advice to the Archbishop of Adelaide and Bishop of Port Pirie.
Click for further detail regarding the Child Protection Council Charter and Policy.