Parishes in Adelaide and country regions of the Archdiocese can access advice and support to assist them in a range of projects.
This support is directed to enabling parish based children’s ministry coordinators and teams to:
- design and deliver appropriate programs for the religious education of children who attend State or Independent Private schools
- recruit and arrange training of volunteers to work with children in parish based settings
- design and deliver family centred, parish based and parish school supported processes to assist families to prepare for the celebration of the sacraments of Christian initiation with their children
- establish and provide ongoing resources and support for Liturgy of the Word with children within the Sunday liturgy
- plan parish based school holiday events and arrange appropriate training of volunteers
- select and use appropriate resources
- undertake regular review and appraisal of parish based children’s ministry personnel and programs.
Training and Formation
A range of training and formation options are available for parish coordinators and volunteers.
Advice on selecting the appropriate training option can be obtained by contacting this office.
A list of training and formation dates and registration form can be found under Training.
Newsletter Children's Ministry Update
Children's Ministry Update containing articles of interest and notice of upcoming events is emailed to parish coordinators each term. Hard copies of the newsletter is posted to those coordinators who do not have access to email. The current edition of the Children's Ministry Update along with previous editions can be accessed here.
To have items of interest from your parish included in Children's Ministry Update forward them to this office.